The Office of Undergraduate Research hosts a series of workshops on a variety of topics to help students make a knockout video submission to the Showdown. Attending one or more of these workshops is strongly recommended. Previous workshops have covered a variety of topics from condensing and packaging research to video production.
Fall 2018 OUR Workshops
The next series of workshops will be announced in fall 2018.
Here are some other resources that can help you identify strategies to use in communicating your work
- UT communication professor Keri Stephens’ “Hi Y’all” series of brief videos on presenting
- Log in to Lynda.com with your EID for free video tutorials on videography and related software
- Researchers condense their work into a Three Minute Thesis
- How to avoid death by PowerPoint
- How to give a great TEDx talk
- Undergraduate students unwittingly subjected to world’s worst research presentation
- 2012 UNSW Three Minute Thesis Winner – Sumaiya Ahmed
- Make a Presentation Like Steve Jobs
- Ten body language tips for your next presentation
- Five simple ways to become a more impressive public speaker