For the latest information on undergraduate research in campus spaces, consult the Undergraduate Research Restart guidelines from the Office of the Vice President for Research or ask your faculty mentor.
The Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) supports student engagement in the research and creative activity of the university.
The OUR’s major initiatives include
- Eureka, a searchable database of undergraduate research opportunities
- Information sessions, workshops, and advising
- Course credit opportunities for engagement in research
- Research poster design guides and workshops
- Texas Student Research Showdown, a video competition for student researchers to tell their stories to a general audience
- Research Week, UT’s annual celebration of undergraduate research and creative exploration
- Summer Research Scholars programs for academically talented and motivated students
- Outreach to faculty on the benefits and incentives of mentoring undergraduate researchers