In weekly information sessions, undergraduate research advisors answer questions and talk about strategies for getting involved in undergraduate research at UT. Info sessions are open to students from all disciplines and majors.
Spring OUR Info Sessions
Thursday, Jan. 26, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Tuesdays, Feb. 2 – May 4, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Fridays, Feb. 5 – May 7, 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.
There will be no info sessions the week of March 15 – 19.
All spring 2021 info sessions will be via Zoom. In order to receive the Zoom information, you will need to register.
Can’t make an info session? Check out our ‘Getting into research’ videos to get started on your path towards undergraduate research!
If you are unable to attend an info session and would like to meet with an advisor in the Office of Undergraduate Research to learn about the process for finding an undergraduate research opportunity, please use the form below to schedule an appointment.
An undergraduate research advisor can also help you to
- narrow down your research focus
- finalize your list of professors to contact
- fine-tune your outreach email to professors
- give you tips on how to communicate your research interests to professors
- find funding sources such as scholarships and grants for your research
- recommend where to present or publish your work
- find a summer program for research
- know your options for course credit
Advisors are also available to support students who have already attempted to get involved with undergraduate research, but have faced challenges in doing so. Learn more about our research placement advising here.
All of our workshops are recorded and put onto the OUR Canvas page after the workshop ends.