The Office of Undergraduate Research provides resources and workshops to help students make a knockout video submission to the Showdown.
Fall 2018 OUR Workshops
Trent Lesikar, videographer for the School of Undergraduate Studies, will be hosting a workshop on making Showdown videos Tuesday, Oct. 9 from 1-2 in the PCL Media Lab.
High-quality audio is key to a good video. Students can check out microphones from the PCL. Students who have received training to use the Foundry (a joint initiative of the UT Libraries and the College of Fine Arts) can access the Foundry recording studio.
We recommend watching videos from undergraduate researchers at other universities..
Here are some other resources that can help you identify strategies to use in communicating your work
- UT communication professor Keri Stephens’ “Hi Y’all” series of brief videos on presenting
- Log in to Lynda.com with your EID for free video tutorials on videography and related software
- Researchers condense their work into a Three Minute Thesis
- How to avoid death by PowerPoint
- How to give a great TEDx talk
- Undergraduate students unwittingly subjected to world’s worst research presentation
- 2012 UNSW Three Minute Thesis Winner – Sumaiya Ahmed
- Make a Presentation Like Steve Jobs
- Ten body language tips for your next presentation
- Five simple ways to become a more impressive public speaker