Eureka is a searchable database designed to help undergraduates at UT connect with faculty members who share their research interests. Faculty may also use Eureka to post current research projects in which there may be a place for undergraduate researchers to assist. Whether you have paid or unpaid undergraduate research positions in your lab or project, Eureka can be a good way of letting students know about the opportunity to work with you.
The Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) updates Eureka on a regular basis, and we ask that you help by taking just a few minutes to ensure that your faculty profile is accurate and up-to-date. Please check the description of your academic interests, your affiliations, the link to your department web page, and any projects you may have posted.
All faculty members automatically have access to a profile on Eureka. To add details to your Eureka profile
- Go to the main Eureka homepage. In the upper-right corner of the page, click the “Faculty Login” link. Once logged in with your EID, in the upper-right corner of the page you will see options to “Create your profile” or access the “Eureka Dashboard,” where you can edit your profile and add or update research projects.
- To complete your profile, use the lists of departments, units and regions to provide your details.
- In the “Research Interests” field, provide some text about your research interests as well as any current projects.
- In the “Tags” field (at the bottom of the profile page), type keywords related to your research. If a keyword already exists, it will pop up as a tag and allow you to select it.
To post a new project
- While logged in, click on the link at the top right of the page for “Eureka Dashboard.” From your dashboard, you will be able to update your profile and add/update research projects.
- Click on the “Projects” button to add specific projects that you’d like to make findable to undergraduates looking to assist in research.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Research by phone at 512-471-7152 or email.