The School of Undergraduate Studies Writing Committee, a subcommittee of the Undergraduate Studies Advisory Committee (UGSAC), is charged with the following
- Interpreting the Faculty Council language on the Writing Flag and proposing policies for the implementation of the Writing Flag requirement, balancing the various needs of disciplines with the ideal of a common writing standard for the university
- Working with the School of Undergraduate Studies to approve and monitor courses carrying the Writing Flag
- Making recommendations to UGSAC and the Dean of Undergraduate Studies about assessment methods for courses carrying the Writing Flag
- Making recommendations to UGSAC and the Dean of Undergraduate Studies about instructor development and support for faculty and graduate students teaching courses carrying the Writing Flag
- Serving as liaisons with their colleges and schools
For the 2021-22 academic year, the committee composition is as follows
- Miroslava (Mirka) Benes, Ph.D.
School of Architecture
- Dan Pryor, Ed.D.
McCombs School of Business
- John Lassiter, Ph.D.
Jackson School of Geosciences
- Erin Donovan, Ph.D.
Moody College of Communication
- Rasha Diab (Chair), Ph.D.
College of Liberal Arts
- Bill Fagelson, Ph.D.
Cockrell School of Engineering
- Teresa Bailey, DNP.
School of Nursing
- Paul Bonin-Rodriguez, Ph.D.
College of Fine Arts
- Claire Latiolais, Pharm.D., M.S.
College of Pharmacy
- Alex de Lozanne, Ph.D.
College of Natural Sciences
- Denise Davila, Ph.D., M.S.
College of Education
- Alex Sexton,
Steve Hicks School of Social Work, Faculty Council Representative
- Cossy Hough, MSSW
Steve Hicks School of Social Work
- Katherine Voitle
Student Representative, Senate of College Councils
- Cody Jarman
Graduate Student Representative