The Vick Center is holding appointments online through Zoom as well as in person. Schedule online to make a 30-minute appointment. If you need a phone appointment, please email your advisor or our main advising address.
From May 4 – 6, drop-ins will be held for UGS students only. UGS students will meet with their individual advisor to assess their unique needs. At set times (mid-semester deadline, registration, OTE deadline), your advisor will email you their drop-in hours. Please review your inbox for that information.
Learn about registration advising policies.
Students who are enrolled in UGS are assigned an advisor. You must meet with your advisor at least twice a semester for a major exploration appointment and a registration appointment.
While the Vick Center advisors serve non-UGS students in transition between majors, non-UGS students must see their current college’s advisor for processes like clearing a registration bar, Q-dropping, or withdrawing, changing a class to pass/fail, etc.
Emails from your advisor and from the Vick Center contain important academic information, deadlines, and events.
Learn about the types of advising appointments:
- Explore your interests, discover your strengths, and find related academic paths at UT with Wayfinder
- Learn how to declare a major
- Discuss classes you would like to register for next semester and get the advising bar on your Registration Information Sheet removed so you can register on time
- Discuss taking courses at other institutions
- Find out about claiming credit for AP, IB, CLEP exams
- Discuss internal transfer applications
- Learn about finding internships, volunteering or study abroad
- Ask questions about double majoring or adding a certificate
- Learn about getting involved with undergraduate research
Academic Difficulty & Scholastic Probation