Have a quick question? The Vick Center holds drop-in advising hours Monday through Friday from 1-3 p.m. in JES A115. There are no summer drop-in hours, please schedule an appointment. Fall semester drop-in hours will resume on August 23.
Learn about registration advising policies.
Students who are enrolled in UGS are assigned an advisor. You must meet with your advisor at least twice a semester for a major exploration appointment and a registration appointment.
While the Vick Center advisors and career counselors serve non-UGS students in transition between majors, non-UGS students must see their current college’s advisor for processes like clearing a registration bar, Q-dropping or withdrawing, changing a class to pass/fail, etc.
Emails from your advisor and from the Vick Center contain important academic information, deadlines, and events.
Learn about the types of advising appointments:
- Explore your interests, discover your strengths, and find related academic paths at UT
- Learn how to declare a major
- Discuss classes you would like to register for next semester and get the advising bar on your Registration Information Sheet removed so you can register on time
- Discuss taking courses at other institutions
- Find out about claiming credit for AP, IB, CLEP exams
- Discuss internal transfer applications
- Learn about finding internships, volunteering or study abroad
- Ask questions about double majoring or adding a certificate
Learn about getting involved with undergraduate research
Academic Difficulty & Scholastic Probation