Vick Center advisors are available to assist students from all colleges and schools with matters related to major exploration, internal transfer planning, and core and flags advising. While the Vick Center advisors serve students in transition between majors, students must see an advisor in their current college for processes like clearing a registration bar, Q-dropping, withdrawing, changing a class to pass/fail, etc.
The Vick Center holds advising appointments online through Zoom as well as in person. See our advising services and schedule a 30-minute advising appointment below.
If you have questions about course scheduling and do not have the intention to switch your major, you must meet with the advising office within your college/school.
Vick Center advisors can meet with students to discuss the following topics:
- Explore your interests, discover your strengths, and review possible academic paths at UT.
- Learn about additional resources to help you make an informed decision, including career counseling and Wayfinder.
SCHEDULE A MAJOR EXPLORATION APPOINTMENT
Internal Transfer Planning
- Discuss the internal transfer process and make a plan that accounts for different possible outcomes.
- Review internal transfer requirements, including required courses you might need to take in a future semester. Review what it takes to be a competitive applicant for internal transfer.
SCHEDULE AN INTERNAL TRANSFER PLANNING APPOINTMENT
Core Curriculum and Flags Advising/Petitions
- Get help with any questions related to the Core Curriculum or Skills & Experience Flags requirements.
- Review the process for submitting a core petition or a flag petition.
SCHEDULE A CORE CURRICULUM OR FLAGS ADVISING/PETITIONS APPOINTMENT