Sanger Learning Center provides a variety of interactive workshops to help UT Austin students succeed in their courses. Workshops are facilitated by our trained student Outreach and Communication Specialists. Most workshops are 45-50 minutes in length and all workshops contain proven, research-based strategies.
Attend a Workshop
Students can visit our events calendar below to view this semester’s dates/times and to RSVP to secure their spot.
Request a Workshop
Workshops from the below list can be requested at least two weeks in advance by staff, faculty, and student groups/organizations on campus. Please ensure that there will be at least 8 students in attendance. Workshops are fulfilled based on presenter availability and a confirmation email will be sent once a presenter has been assigned. Staff facilitators are available upon request. If you have questions, please email us or call 512-471-3614.
- Time and Procrastination (45-50 minutes): Learn how to manage time effectively and successfully accomplish tasks.
- Study Smarter, Not Harder (45-50 minutes): Learn new study strategies to help you study more effectively.
- Public Speaking (50 minutes): Learn how to present confidently by analyzing your audience, preparing strategically, and rehearsing effectively.
- Reading for College (45-50 minutes): Learn how to become more efficient and effective in your college reading.
- Winning Finals (45-50 minutes): Learn how to manage your time, study strategically, and stay healthy as you reach the academic finish line!
- Sanger Services Overview in your classroom (15-30 minutes): Learn about the many services we provide to students and how your group or class can make the best use of them.
- Sanger Learning Center Tour (15-30 minutes): Take a tour of the Center to learn about the many academic services we provide.
- Public Speaking Center Overview (10 minutes-15 minutes): Hear from a speech consultant about what students can expect when they visit the Public Speaking Center.