Be part of our team! You’ll have the opportunity to earn money and gain valuable work experience while helping other students. Most positions offer flexible work hours and opportunities to work remotely. Plus, you can combine more than one Sanger position for up to 19 hours per week.
Please note: If hired, you will be required to complete the federal Employment Eligibility Verification form, I-9.
Supplemental Instruction (SI) Leaders (multiple disciplines)
Hours/pay: Six to eight hours per week; Starting rate is $11.25/hour
Requirements: Any full-time UT student who has taken all of the prerequisite courses
Preferences: Students who have received at least a B in the course they support (see here for a list of currently SI-supported courses).
Contact: Nisha Abraham (she, her, hers), firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications open: April 10
Applications close: April 24
A Supplemental Instruction (SI) Leader is an undergraduate student who is assigned to a specific course and facilitates 50-75 minute sessions twice a week. SI Leaders (except biology) attend the lecture of the course to which they are assigned and conduct their sessions using collaborative activities to combine course content with effective study strategies and meet weekly as a group to collaborate on planning and troubleshooting their sessions. Qualified applicants can be any full-time UT student who has taken all of the prerequisites and preferences are given to those who have received at least a B in the course they support (see below for a list of currently SI-supported courses).
Economics: ECO 304K, ECO 304L, and ECO 329
Electrical Engineering: EE 302 and EE 306
Chemistry: CH 301 and CH 302
Computer Science: CS 312 and CS 314
Biology: BIO 311C and BIO 311D
Apply here: bit.ly/SIApp219
Supplemental Instruction (SI) Supervisors
Graduate SI Supervisors: Eight-ten hours per week ($23/hr)
Undergraduate SI Supervisors: Eight hours per week ($14/hr)
Applications open: April 10
Applications close: May 3
Contact: Stephanie Craven (she, they), email@example.com
The Supplemental Instruction (SI) Supervisor works with Sanger Learning Center professional staff to implement the SI program. The SI Supervisor manages the SI Leaders within their discipline, directs meetings, conducts observations, and facilitates professional development activities and trainings. Teaching experience or experience leading Supplemental Instruction sessions is preferred but not required.
- Supervise a team of SI Leaders who lead SI sessions in the content area
- Plan and lead weekly leaders’ meetings and professional development activities
- Participate in required training sessions and program meetings
- Conduct SI leader observations and feedback meetings
- Maintain regular communication with Sanger Learning Center SI Coordinator
- Complete administrative tasks in a timely manner
- Collaborate with faculty and academic departments as needed
To be eligible for the SI Supervisor position, applicants must be:
- Graduate students in history, classics, government, American studies, economics, and/or chemistry
- Undergraduate students in computer science, engineering, and/or biology
- Must be enrolled full-time and if graduate student, must meet the university’s conditions for graduate student employment.
- Available to assist with pre-semester training (Aug. 19 and 20, 2021) and weekly SI Leader meetings
- Preference given to experienced instructors or SI Leaders with an interest in college-level teaching, student-centered learning, and leadership/management opportunities