The mission of the Professional Development Committee is to
- enrich staff knowledge, skills, and abilities
- enhance staff morale, recognition, and appreciation
- improve access to school and university resources, and professional development opportunities through voluntary staff-led programs, events and initiatives
The Professional Development Committee is made up of representatives from across the School of Undergraduate Studies.
- Patrick Abbott, Dean’s Office
- Christine Anderson, Bridging Disciplines Program
- Scott Brownlee, Longhorn Scholars Program
- Jay Guevara, Center for Strategic Advising
- Leslie Kavanaugh, Assessment
- J.P. Regalado, Longhorn Scholars Program
- Tracy Saenger, Sanger Learning and Career Center
- George Schorn, Center for the Core Curriculum
- Lisa Valdez, First-year Experience
The Professional Development Committee meets at least once a month, more depending on events and planning. Please refer to the UGS Calendar for upcoming committee meeting times if you have an idea or issue you would like to submit to be discussed.