|Interested in making a positive impact on first-year students? Want to help others avoid some of the mistakes you made during your first semester? Are you excited about guiding students through the challenges and adventures of college life? Would you like to develop your leadership skills and gain valuable experiences to add to your resume? If the answer is yes, apply to be a FIG mentor. Learn about the FIG mentor position and mentor commitments.|
The fall 2016 application deadline has passed.
Submit the following by the deadline
- Online peer mentor application
- Simply log-in with your EID and password to begin your application.
- Compose answers in a word processor or text editor first, then copy and paste into the application.
- Recommendation forms
- Recommendations must be submitted by a UT faculty, staff, or student
- If you are currently enrolled in a FIG, it is advisable to have your facilitator (staff member) fill out one of your reference forms.
- Returning FIG mentors do not need to provide references again
- Forms must be submitted via the Recommendation form link
New FIG mentor candidates will be selected for interviews based upon the strength of their applications and letters of recommendation. Selected students will receive an email with the time, date and further information on what to expect. Bring a copy of your resume to your interview. Not all prospective FIG mentors are interviewed, some colleges/programs will choose candidates based on the application alone.
Interviews will be held at the end of the fall semester before finals begin. FIG staff members and departmental staff members will help with the interview process. Final decisions will be emailed to all applicants by early January.
Interview conflicts will be handled on a case-by-case basis. You are expected to be available for the interview process. If this is not possible, contact the FIG office to schedule your interview. Students who do not show up will not be considered for the position.