In addition to the items mentioned on the New Students page, newly admitted freshmen should complete or consider the following items to prepare for their first semester at UT Austin.
- Send test scores directly to UT Austin (code 6882) for AP, IB, CLEP or SAT Subject Tests
- Consider joining a First-year Interest Group —a group of 20 students who take one to three courses together and meet on a weekly basis
- Sign up for Freshman Reading Round-up, a chance to discuss a great book in a relaxed setting with a small group of fellow first-year students and an outstanding professor
- Start exploring majors and review the application processes for other colleges on campus
- Use the Undergraduate Studies Checklist to stay organized and meet UGS deadlines