The peak advising period occurs four weeks before the first day of the undergraduate registration period and extends through the last day of registration each semester. See the academic calendar for specific dates. During this time, advisors’ schedules are extremely full, so we have special policies and procedures in place.
- You must see your assigned advisor in order to get your advising bar removed
- Call early to ensure that you get an appointment
- As always, appointments may not be scheduled via email
- If you called too late, and your advisor’s calendar is full until after your registration time, you must wait to see your assigned advisor, even if that means you will register late
- If you have already seen your advisor to talk about registration, please wait until after the registration period ends to make another appointment unless your concern is urgent
If you do not show up, or are more than 10 minutes late to your appointment, you will be considered a no-show. During peak advising, if you no-show for three appointments, your advisor will not see you to remove your advising bar until the last day of early registration, and only if his/her schedule permits. If there is no availability in your advisor’s schedule, you will not be able to register until the next available registration access period.
Emailing your Advisor
During peak advising, advisors’ email inboxes are flooded. Please be patient, as it will take your advisor longer than normal to respond to your email during this time. If you have an urgent concern, please call the front desk at 512-232-8400 to schedule an appointment.