Interested in making a positive impact on new transfer students? Want to help others avoid some of the mistakes you made during your first semester? Are you excited about guiding students through the challenges and adventures of life as a Longhorn? Would you like to develop your leadership skills and gain valuable experiences to add to your resume? If the answer is yes, apply to be a TrIG mentor.
The fall 2023 TrIG mentor application is now live! The deadline to apply is Nov. 21, 2022.
Learn more about:
Submit the following by the deadline:
- Online peer mentor application
- Simply log in with your EID and password to begin your application
- Compose answers in a word processor or text editor first, then copy and paste into the application
- Recommendation forms
- All NEW TrIG Mentor applicants are required to have one recommendation form submitted on their behalf by a UT Austin faculty member, staff member, or teaching assistant. Applicants may have a second recommendation form submitted on their behalf, though it is not required.
- If you are currently enrolled in a TrIG, it is advisable to have your facilitator (staff member) fill out one of your reference forms
- Returning TrIG mentors do not need to provide references again
- Forms must be submitted via the recommendation form
New TrIG mentor candidates will be selected for interviews based upon the strength of their application and letter of recommendation. Selected students will receive an email with the time, date and further information on what to expect. Bring a copy of your resume to your interview. Not all prospective TrIG mentors are interviewed; some colleges/programs will choose candidates based on the application alone.
Interviews will be held at the end of March. TrIG staff members and departmental staff members will help with the interview process. Final decisions will be emailed to all applicants by mid-April.
Interview conflicts will be handled on a case-by-case basis. You are expected to be available for the interview process. If this is not possible, contact the TrIG office to schedule your interview. Students who do not show up will not be considered for the position.