The TSI Assessment consists of three sections: reading, writing, and mathematics. The minimum TSI Assessment scores required to satisfy TSI requirements are
- Reading: 351
- Mathematics: 350
- Essay score of 4 and multiple choice of 340 or higher; OR multiple choice of less than 340, an ABE diagnostic level of at least 4, and essay of at least 5
The most comprehensive and interactive practice for the TSIA is the official web-based app. It is free to use and you are strongly encouraged to review the subject areas in which you are required test. Access the official web-based app:
In addition, every student is required by law to complete the Pre-Assessment Activity, which will tell you what to expect from the TSIA and why it is important to put your best effort into it. Students will be unable to take the TSIA without first completing the entire Pre-Assessment Activity and obtaining their certificate of completion. Access the Pre-Assessment Activity:
- TSI Assessment Student Brochure: explains the general purpose and format of the test
- TSI Assessment Sample Questions: helps students familiarize themselves with the type of multiple-choice questions asked on the exam
- TSI Assessment Sample Essays & Scoring Guide: helps students understand the rubric used to score their essay AND goes through the five-paragraph persuasive essay as part of the writing section
- TSI Assessment Guide to Interpreting your Score: explains what scores indicate in terms of readiness to succeed in college-level courses
The TSI academic advisor will go over TSI Assessment score reports in each individualized advising session but it is important to be able to evaluate your scores as well.
You can also search for TSI Assessment test preparation resources online to help you better understand the content and format.