Signature Courses

Home » sig » ta » resources » FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

I have an issue with the room my discussion sections are in; is there anything I can do?
Yes. If the issue with the room is changeable (e.g., temperature too hot or too cold, a piece of equipment is needed, there is no chalk, etc.), you can contact the Signature Course office at 512-471-4421 for assistance.

If the issue with the room is not changeable (e.g. seating is not moveable, room is too small, chalkboard space is limited, room does not have needed technology, etc.), please email the Signature Course Office or call 512-471-4421 about the option of changing rooms.

If the door is locked for some reason, you can contact Custodial Services at 512-471-2020.

Where can I make copies of handouts for my students?
The first place you should investigate is the department of the faculty member that you work for. Their department should have a copy machine available for TAs that teach their courses. To find out, contact the graduate coordinator for that department.

You can also contact the Signature Course office and we will help you find a solution to your copying needs. Please contact us at 512-471-4421 for assistance.

One of my students is behaving oddly – what should I do?
If a student is behaving inappropriately in your class and you aren’t sure what to do, please contact the Behavior Concerns Advice Line (BCAL). Trained staff members will assist you in exploring available options and strategies. They will also provide appropriate guidance and resource referrals to address the particular situation.