The Knight-Hennessy Scholarship offers full support for graduate study in any program at Stanford University. The program aims to prepare a new generation of global leaders with the skills to address the complex challenges facing the world. The program provides full funding to pursue a graduate education at Stanford, focused on both subject-specific knowledge and leadership development to make an impact on the world. Knight-Hennessy Scholars will thus be selected both for their academic accomplishments and leadership potential.
Conditions of Eligibility
- Citizens of any nation are welcome
- Must be applying to a full-time graduate degree program at Stanford
- Must have received your first/bachelor’s degree in 2015 or later; you must have graduated in January 2015 through September 2022 to enroll at Stanford in fall 2022
- U.S. military (active or veteran) applicants: You receive a two-year extension of eligibility due to longer service commitments. You are eligible if you earned your undergraduate (bachelor’s or first) degree in 2013 or later
- If you are still in college studying for your first/bachelor’s degree, you are eligible to apply as long as you will complete your first/bachelor’s degree before you enroll as a graduate student at Stanford
- Must meet the requirements of the Stanford program to which you apply
Application instructions can be found on the Knight-Hennessy Scholarship webpage.
Currently, applicants are limited to two letters of recommendation. These should come from people who know you best. While this scholarship does not require university nomination, you are encouraged to consult with an ODPS staff member early in your application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org.