The Gates Cambridge Scholarship enables exceptional graduate students from outside the United Kingdom to study at the University of Cambridge. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of intellectual ability, leadership potential, reasons for choice of course, and desire to use knowledge to improve the lives of others. The scholarship was established in 2000 by a donation from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. It provides a full-cost scholarship and living stipend for graduate study (master’s or doctorate) in any field of study available at the University of Cambridge.
Conditions of Eligibility
- A citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom
- Applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge:
- PhD (three year research-only degree)
- MPhil or MLitt (two year research-only degree)
- One year postgraduate course (with some exceptions)
Those selected for the scholarship typically have GPAs of 3.9 and above.
Application instructions can be found on the Gates Cambridge website.
Please contact the program directly for deadlines and requirements.
Prior to applying, please contact the ODPS office for support.