Part of the global Blackstone LaunchPad & Techstars Network, “The LaunchPad” is a program of the School of Undergraduate Studies that helps students of all backgrounds navigate and explore entrepreneurship at UT.
Think of us as the Google Maps for everything entrepreneurship on campus and beyond. We are an “open door” program, such as a career services center, and any undergraduate or graduate student can contact us to learn more.
Our mission is to encourage students to:
- Explore entrepreneurship at their own pace while creating an inclusive cross-disciplinary environment
- Cultivate an entrepreneurial mindset that prepares them for the modern workforce—regardless of whether they go on to starting a company or not
- Guidance on entrepreneurship at UT
- Curated news and information (newsletter, blog, and educational resources)
- Physical space for coworking and small events related to entrepreneurship
- One-on-one mentorship
- Workshops and events
- Summer accelerator program – SEAL (Student Entrepreneur Acceleration & Launch)
- Exclusive Blackstone LaunchPad & Techstars Network opportunities (events, funding, mentors, fellowships, accelerators, etc.)
The Blackstone LaunchPads Powered by Techstars supports campus-based entrepreneurship programs around the U.S. and Ireland. We are one of 24 LaunchPads around the U.S. and Ireland, and each LaunchPad retrofits to support a campus’ unique entrepreneurship ecosystem. At UT Austin, we are strategically housed in the School of Undergraduate Studies to be discipline-agnostic and serve as many students as possible. Our LaunchPad officially launched in 2017.
Stay in Touch
Sign up for our biweekly newsletter to stay up to date with startup opportunities on campus and beyond.