The following learning objectives were developed by the faculty committee that oversees the Global Cultures Flag.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the complexity of the perspectives of at least one non-U.S. community.
- Students will develop a historical understanding of at least one non-U.S. community.
- Students will critically reflect on their respective cultural experiences and how they inform their worldview, and will recognize different perspectives and worldview from non-U.S. cultural groups.
- Students will recognize areas of implicit bias in their respective perspectives.
- Students will practice methods of communicating mutual understanding and respect across cultural groups.
- Students will apply diverse cultural perspectives in evaluating complex problems.