We accept applications for the Bridging Disciplines Programs (BDPs) twice a year, during the fall and spring semesters. The Fall 2021 application deadline has been extended to Monday, October 11 by 8:00 a.m.
Before You Apply
- Review the program eligibility requirements to make sure that you are eligible to apply to a BDP.
- View an information session. Learn more about the program and the application process, and get a chance to ask questions.
Completing Your Application
- Complete the online application, which includes a two to three-page essay and a proposed plan for the coursework and Connecting Experiences you wish to complete for the BDP. We recommend downloading the essay guidelines and writing your essay before beginning the online application.
- As you are preparing your application, review the application tips and criteria.
- If you are graduating within the next four semesters, you will be asked to upload a semester course planner that outlines your plans for completing the BDP and your remaining degree requirements (summer classes should also be included). Please reference the coursework planning guide for information on when certain foundation course requirements are offered.
- If your cumulative GPA at The University of Texas at Austin is in the 2.0-3.0 range, you will be asked to upload a GPA statement. In this brief (one to two paragraph) statement, please explain any extenuating circumstances regarding your grades and academic progress of which you wish to inform the faculty panel who will be reviewing your application.
- After you submit your online application and the application deadline has passed, the BDP office will contact you regarding a required online applicant advising session. This session provides you with the opportunity to learn more about the BDPs and to communicate with a BDP advisor to address any questions or concerns you may have. If at this appointment you identify ways in which you could strengthen your application, you will have the opportunity to revise and resubmit it.
After You Apply
- The BDP faculty panel will review your application during the week of finals of the semester in which you applied. A BDP advisor will send you a secure academic note to inform you of the panel’s decision once the semester’s grades have been reported.
- If you have been admitted to the BDPs, you will be invited to attend a mandatory orientation session at the start of the following long semester.
Questions? Email the BDP office for more information.