Exploration experiences must take place between May and August 2019.
To be eligible, you must
- Be a current University of Texas at Austin student enrolled in the School of Undergraduate Studies in spring 2019
- Have completed no more than four long semesters at The University of Texas at Austin prior to applying for funding
- Propose exploration experiences taking place between May and August 2019
- If traveling, preference is given to students affiliated with sponsored UT programs or UT recommended programs. Contact your career counselor if you have any questions about your program/experience.
To complete the online application form, you will need the following:
- Current resume
- Maximum 750-word personal statement describing the specific goals of the summer experience or project and specifying how your academic and/or career path may become clearer as a result of this experience. Include a paragraph stating your financial need and detailing how you would benefit from this grant.
- Detailed budget not to exceed $2,000. Budget items should clearly relate to the experience and should include a breakdown of costs, tuition, travel, living expenses, materials, etc. Include any other funding you have been awarded for this program/experience. Please note, awards range from $1,000-$2,000.
- Recommendation from a professor or TA. The Grant Recommendation Form can be directly sent to your recommender after starting the online application process.
- Additional documentation that will help us to evaluate the proposed experience (optional)
2018 applications have closed.
After the Exploration
Each grant recipient is required to participate in a post-experience check in after completing their summer exploration experience. Recipients must also submit 3-5 photos taken over the summer to be used in UGS communications and news stories.
Any grant recipient who does not schedule a check in by Aug. 30, 2018 may be subject to an academic bar.