The School of Undergraduate Studies offers grants to students seeking funds for academic and career exploration, and professional development. Grants can be requested in any amount up to $2,000, provided that the student carefully considers and succeeds in communicating how their academic or career plans will benefit from the experience or resource.
Recipients of the Summer Exploration Grant are encouraged to be creative with their planned exploration or professional development opportunity. Since the program’s inception in 2010, recipients have put their grants toward a variety of diverse experiences, including
- Creating a blog and podcast of interviews with people working in social justice
- Building a greenhouse and growing sustainable crops
- Participating in the Halliburton Summer Business Foundations Institute
- Teaching English to elementary students in Cuzco, Peru
Professional development opportunities and independent exploration may include:
- Conference attendance fees
- Subscriptions, books, and other professional development materials
- Course and/or program fees
- Supplies for personal projects, research, etc.
For more information, visit the Eligibility and Application page. Applications are closed.