All undergraduates meeting the eligibility requirements are encouraged to apply. Because the courses count as in-residence credit, graduating seniors may participate during their final semester.
To be eligible to apply, students must meet the following requirements at the time they submit an application.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater at The University of Texas at Austin
- Previous work or internship experience
- Campus or community leadership experience
Students selected to participate in the Archer Fellowship Program must meet the following requirements by the beginning of the semester they will be in Washington, D.C.
- Upper-division standing (completion of 60 hours or more, including transfer work, placement credit hours, or dual enrollment)
- Twenty-four hours of in-residence credit completed at The University of Texas at Austin
- Completion of government requirements (GOV 310L and 312L or their equivalents by transfer)
Selection is competitive. Applicants will be assessed based on relevant coursework, leadership experiences, and participation in internships, research, organizations, and professional and volunteer settings.