Before you can register for classes, you must meet with your academic advisor and get your advising bar removed. Prior to your appointment, make sure you
- Check your Registration Information Sheet to view your registration time and any registration bars
- Understand the core curriculum requirements and which ones you have left to fulfill
- Learn about the internal transfer processes for your majors of interest
- Submit transcripts from any colleges you’ve attended in the past to the UT Austin Office of Admissions and learn about transfer credit
- Send test scores directly to UT Austin (Code 6882) for AP, IB, CLEP or SAT Subject Tests; learn more about placement exams
Questions about the registration process? View the registration guide.
Helpful Registration Links
- Common Registration Questions
- Find Your Specific Registration Times
- Course Schedules
- Help with Waitlists
- Find Course Syllabi & Instructor CVs
Interested in taking courses at a college or university besides UT Austin? Learn more about transfer credit and concurrent enrollment.