UGS Ambassadors are student leaders who represent the School of Undergraduate Studies by serving as a resource for current or prospective students and assisting with UGS outreach and campus-wide events.
A good candidate would be someone who enjoys helping other students, has great interpersonal skills, and wants to promote the mission of UGS.
- Current or former UGS students
- Interest in gaining leadership experience
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn about campus resources
- In good academic standing
Expectations of Events
- Fall: Ambassador training, Reading Round-Up, Gone to UGS, Family Weekend, Transfer Celebration
- Spring: Various outreach events, Explore UT.
- Other involvement opportunities as determined by the Dean’s office.
Students will be paid once per semester in the amount of $200. Should a student not meet the expectations or miss several events, payment may be reduced or suspended.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. Friday, May 6.
Questions? Email the UGS Events Team or call us at 512-471-6524.