UGS Ambassadors are student leaders who represent the School of Undergraduate Studies by serving as a resource for current or prospective students and assisting with UGS outreach and campus-wide events.
A good candidate would be someone who enjoys helping other students, has great interpersonal skills, and wants to promote the mission of UGS.
- Current or former UGS students
- Interest in gaining leadership experience
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn about campus resources
- In good academic standing
Expectations of Events
- Fall: Ambassador training, Reading Round-Up, Gone to UGS, Family Weekend, Transfer Celebration
- Spring: Ambassador check in, Explore UT, Best of Texas
- Other involvement opportunities as determined by the Dean’s office
Various events throughout the fall and spring semester are allocated to ambassadors based on their schedule. Ambassadors will be expected to sign-up for a certain number of events each semester.
Students will be paid once per semester in the amount of $200. Should a student not meet the expectations or miss several events, payment may be reduced or suspended. Pay may also increase based on additional events worked.
Questions? Email the UGS Events Team or call us at 512-471-6524.