Archer Fellows participating in the 2016-2017 academic year will pay a $4,900 program fee in lieu of the usual UT tuition. This program fee is less than what UT students pay for standard flat-rate tuition.
The 2016-2017 cost for Archer Fellowship Program housing is $4,500 per person for the semester. Meals are not included. The price is subject to change in future years. Students will have additional costs associated with books, living expenses, and transportation within Washington, D.C.
Financing your semester in Washington, D.C.
Because UT Archer Fellows are registered as full-time, in-residence UT students, financial aid students ordinarily receive will apply to the costs of the semester in D.C. Students who wish to use their Texas Tomorrow Funds towards the Archer Fellowship Program will need to take additional steps. Please contact the campus coordinator for more information. Archer Fellows who receive financial aid will have their financial aid package re-evaluated to take into account the higher cost of living in Washington, D.C.
Scholarships are available; once selected, Archer Fellows will receive information on how to apply. UT Archer Fellows may be eligible to apply for the following scholarships.
- School of Undergraduate Studies Scholarship: Need based; awards from $500 – $2,500
- Archer Fellow Alumni Association Scholarship: Need and merit based; awards from $250 – $1,000
- Jeffrey J. Dye Leadership Foundation Scholarship: awards of $1,000
- D.C. Texas Exes Scholarship: awards of $500 – $2,000
- Travel Scholarship: one round trip airline ticket through United Airlines up to $1,000